Unprecedented Government public infrastructure spending will create thousands of apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.
Apprenticeships Matter is supporting these businesses to meet their 10% Victorian Major Projects Skills Guarantee.
Major Project: Ballarat Line Upgrade (BLU)
The Ballarat Line Upgrade is a part of the $1.75 billion Regional Rail Revival program, which sees every regional passenger train line in Victoria upgraded, creating over 1000 jobs. The upgrade aims to essentially service the growing communities in Victoria’s regional areas.
The Ballarat Line Upgrade is being delivered by Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Apprenticeships Matter has been working with Lendlease, along with Acciona Geotech, Coleman Rail and John Beever Australia on the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
We work these organisations to help promote ‘local jobs for local people’ and to endorse women working in non-traditional trades. We achieve this by:
- Working to identify current staff who would benefit from upskilling their skills, knowledge and qualifications;
- Linking employers with relevant connections to TAFE and RTOs to assist with the delivery of training requirements;
- Assisting with the recruitment and placing of new staff into apprenticeships and traineeships; and
- Assisting employers to achieve their Major Project Skills Guarantee targets.
Major Project: Southern Project Alliance (SPA)
The Southern Project Alliance is a part of the Victorian Governments Level Crossing Removal project will see the removal of 50 of Melbourne’s most dangerous and congested level crossings by 2022, with at least 20 of these removed by 2018.
The Southern Project Alliance is being led by Acciona GeoTech (Acciona GeoTech, Coleman Rail and John Beever Australia). We are working with these organisations and assisting with this project by:
- Listing apprenticeship and traineeship vacancies;
- Registering new apprentices and trainees working on the Southern Project Alliance;
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in the workforce, with an emphasis of women working in non-traditional trades and the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander apprentices and trainees; and
- Assisting employers to achieve their Major Project Skills Guarantee targets and their inclusion and diversity targets.