The Australian Government is offering unprecedented support to eligible employers of apprentices of up to $37,000.
The Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy has been introduced to support apprenticeships in skills needs occupations in rural and regional areas.
It aims to encourage small businesses (less than 20 employees), to take on additional apprentices and for medium-large employers who have not previously engaged apprentices, as well as re-engaging employers who may not have had an apprentice for 3 years.
The Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (AAWS) trial is available to the first 1630 employers who sign-up and commence a new Australian Apprentice from 1 January 2019. The AAWS is in addition to the suite of employer incentives currently available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program.
The AAWS is based on the award wage rate under which an Apprentice is employed and provides support in the first three years of the Apprenticeship as follows:
- 75 per cent of the first year award wage;
- 50 per cent of the second year award wage;
- 25 per cent of the third year award wage.
Important information to note:
- If the employer has less than 20 employees, it can be any new apprentice to their business that qualifies.
- If the employer has 20+ employees, they need to be a NEW employer of apprentices or a re-engaging employer (3 years since employing an apprentice)
- An employer will be eligible for the Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy for only one eligible Australian Apprentice.
As places are limited call our Regional Consultants to get your next apprentice signed up!
North/East Victoria – 0439 359 775
West/North West – 0431 084 135